A french dessert called ‘Clafouti aux cerises’ – Clafouti with cherries.
Incredibly fast and easy to make.
I have chosen to make it with cherries, but you can also choose to make it with other fruits. As you don’t add sugar in this cake, the combination with cherries makes the taste sweet and salty, I love the contrast!
It’s great to serve it with a vanilla ice-cream (or any other flavour you love) and whipped cream. This is what you need:
- 3 eggs
- 30 grams of almond powder
- 80 grams of flower
- 1/2 liter of full milk
- 40 grams of butter
- 500 grams of (dark) cherries without nuts
- icing sugar ( for final decoration)
- 3 tbsp Kirsh (optional)
- preheat your oven at 180 °C (350F)
- In a pan whisk together eggs, than add milk, butter, almond powder and flower. When everything is well mixed, you heat up (slow) for 5 min, whisk it continuously during the 5 min. It should become creamy.
- Take a baking dish and grease it with butter and sprinkle with flower.
Shake the flower around the dish and tip out any excess.
Do this to avoid that the clafouti will stick to your baking dish.
- you put the warm creamy preparation in your baking dish and then add the cherries.
(which you drained before from its juice)
If you prefer adding Kirsh, you let the cherries macerate in it for 2 hours.
- Put into the oven for 40-45 min.
- Finish the decoration with icing sugar on top.
Here you see the final result of the Clafouti with cherries! (I forgot to put the icing sugar before I took the picture)
I have chosen to eat it with whipped cream and I can only tell you that is was…, delicieux!:-)